Allegorithmic Substance Designer 2019.3.3.3313 is a program for creating, editing, and processing complex textures. This program allows you to mix and manipulate bitmaps, vector images and procedural elements. Textures created using Substance Designer are dynamic, that is, they can be modified freely at each stage of creation. At the same time, the user automatically receives different cards at the output – diffuse, normal, specular, etc.
Advanced features of Allegorithmic Substance Designer:
- Photoshop Workflow
Paint in Adobe Photoshop and visualize your layers directly in Substance Designer!
Substance Designer lets you load and link .PSD files right within your graph and pick the layers you want to use as independent nodes. Do a modification in Photoshop, the corresponding layer will automatically be updated in Substance Designer!
- 3D View
The unique 3D Views allows you to have a visual feedback of your substance directly on your mesh.
- Visual Feedback
Textures are meant to be used on 3D meshes. With 3D View, you can get an instant feedback of your work-in-progress texture directly on your mesh, saving you lots of time.
Now supporting tesselation and multi-material, the 3D View lets you see what the final material will look like, with the shader of your choice.
- Extracting Maps from the Mesh
Substance Designer allows you to directly extract the following maps from your mesh:
– High poly: low poly Tangent maps
– Convert UV to SVG
– Ambient Occlusion
– Normal Map Worldspace
– Curvature Map
- Bitmap + SVG + Procedural Painting
Use what is needed, whatever the situation and your preference: save hundreds of hours by not having to constantly go back and forth between different applications.
Our new bitmap painting editor comes in 3.1 with a bunch of unique features to help you creating textures faster than ever:
– Our unique Tiling Mode makes your brush seamlessly tile automatically!
– This tiling paint works with the brush but also the stamp tool. Never ever has it been that easy to paint tiling textures.
– The stamp tool finally allows you to pick your source on every node: you will also love this killer feature.
- Substance Batchtools
Thanks to Substance Batchtools, replicate your most common operations on all your assets, helping you save tons of time. This batch/scripting capabilities are truly unique in the industry!
NB: Substance Batchtools can be used only with Substance Designer license, and cannot be shared/distributed with any other program.
- Embedded Content
A lots of content is embedded with Substance Designer, allowing you to create wonderful graphical effects for your textures:
– Parametric noises
– Parametric grunge maps
– Parametric generators: wood, parquet, brick walls, stone, etc.
– Filters for blending, tiling, adjustment, etc.
– Mesh adaptive filters
– Special effects
- Graph Editor
The graph editor is the core of Substance Designer, allowing you to produce content in a non-linear / non-destructive authoring process.
- Non-Linear Authoring Workflow
You are free to make any change you want at any time, and all your changes will automatically be applied to all the outputs of your substance (diffuse, specular, normal, etc), so you can create and edit complete texture sets in a much faster way than with traditional tools.
- Non-Destructive Authoring Workflow
Non-Destructive authoring workflow means you can revert all the actions you are making without losing any of your work. No more “I can’t come back to that point”!
- Layer System
Our familiar layer based system is here to help any artists to create content in an easy and friendly way.
- Familiar Workflow
Layers based system has been made for artists not so familiar with the graph editor. This system allows you to create textures and add effects as you would do in other authoring tools. And in case you want to have more controls, Substance Designer will automatically create the corresponding graph when you create effects in the layer mode.
- Automatic Tiling
Substance Designer allows you to make all your textures tile in an automatic way.
You don’t need to rework your photo to make it tile before creating your texture.
Just import your resources into Substance Designer 3 and make them tile automatically!
- Bitmap2Material Lite
Bitmap2Material Lite is an incredibly powerful filter that helps you generate full, seamlessly tiling materials from any bitmap image.
This Lite version of Bitmap2Material is embedded with Substance Designer, to create materials from any picture or photo.
– Diffuse control. Sharpen the diffuse output, control HSL and levels.
– Normal control. Several controls over the normal map intensity and edges.
– Specular control. Several controls on the influence of the diffuse map over the specular map.
– Height map control. Control frequencies and levels of the height map.
– Ambiant occlusion control. Get control over the spreading, strength and levels.
– Depth Balance. Balancing size of background/foreground elements.
– And you can of course use regular Bitmap2Material inside Substance Designer for more control on your materials!
- Advanced Noise Graph Editor (FXMaps)
The unique FXMaps technology allows you to create animated and parametric noises.
- Parametric Noises
FX-Map allows you to create procedural images. It is one of the most powerful features of the Substance technology.
The most common uses of FX-Maps are creating repetitive patterns, such as stripes and bricks, and noises, such as Perlin, Brownian and Gaussian. Noises are particularly useful in creating organic, natural-looking textures like dirt, dust, liquid spatters and so on.