LC Technology Solid State Doctor 126.96.36.199 is a program to improve service quality for users who use SSD (Solid State Drive). This kit contains “tools” to monitor, maintain and improve SSD performance. The tool will be able to provide information about the disk, give them S.M.A.R.T. status, provides monitoring, space reservations (overprovisioning), performance optimization (TRIM), firmware upgrade, disk cloning, and safe data destruction.
Advanced features of LC Technology Solid State Doctor:
- Drive Information Tool – Displays basic information about each drive in your system. The information displayed will include the disk model number, serial number, firmware version, port number, disk size, ATA version, supported functions, disk temperature, usage data over the life of the device. This tool is available for all disks in the system.
- Tool to reserve space (Overprovision Tool) – allows you to allocate some free space on the SSD for use by SSD controllers based on certain principles. This gives the SSD controller the ability to ensure the durability and performance of your SSD.
- S.M.A.R.T. status tool (S.M.A.R.T. Status Tool) – shows the status of S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) of all disks and their individual attributes. Available for all drives in the system. Fast and complete independent tests can be carried out if integrated into the controller. S.M.A.R.T. Polling Function allows the user to set email alerts if one or more of the S.M.A.R.T attribute values are exceeded, which can indicate SSD drive failure.
- Disk Clone Tool – copy the contents of the selected source disk to the selected target disk. The tool will be activated only if it detects the SSD in the system and selects it as the source or target disk for cloning. The cloning function supports increasing and decreasing partitions, which will allow you to clone disks with larger capacities to smaller drive capacities and vice versa.
- Optimize Tool (TRIM) – sends a TRIM command that tells SSD about which data blocks are no longer in use, for example, about what remains after deleted files. The use of TRIM commands on a regular basis will help SSDs maintain maximum performance. TRIM can be started manually or according to an automatic schedule.
- Secure Wipe Tool – allows users to safely erase all disk contents. This function will restore the disk to its original form which is not formatted without a file system. After starting this tool, data on the disk cannot be recovered. As a security measure, this tool does not allow the user to erase the contents of the boot disk.