VMware Workstation Pro 15.5.0 Build 14665864 is a program for creating multiple virtual computers in one system. Designed primarily for programmers and system administrators who need to test applications that work in different environments. VMware MultipleWorlds exclusive technology makes it possible to isolate operating systems and applications within the framework of a virtual machine that was created. At the same time, each virtual machine has a standard computer with its own processor and memory.
Advanced features of VMware Workstation Pro:
- Full support for Windows 8 including automatic installation, optimization for easier management of the new (Metro) interface, support for multiple touches (multi-touch) when launched on a tablet.
- Optimization of the graphics subsystem including more efficient video drivers with more features, new 3D drivers for Windows 8 with the ability to work without hardware acceleration, improved drivers for Windows XP, faster and better rendering in graphics applications (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and others).
- Built-in support for OpenGL on Linux-based clients, without the need to install additional VMware Tools, with faster and better rendering.
- Password protection to limit access to virtual machine settings, speed parameters, file transfer functions, connectivity of external devices and drives, etc.
- WSX test service – prototype of a new generation HTML5-based web interface to access virtual machines from browsers (including tablets and smartphones) without installing any components. It is recommended to use the Google Chrome browser on Windows, Apple Safari on Mac OS, the Ice Cream Sandwich browser on Android 4.0; Internet Explorer 10 has a problem.
- Downloading virtual machines from the VMware vSphere cloud system to the local computer.
- Support for USB 3.0 on the operating system with appropriate drivers (Windows 8 and some Linux variants).
- Improved implementation of Nested Virtualization using Intel VT-x / EPT and AMD-V / RVI extensions, which, among other things, leads to lower resource consumption of 64-bit clients.
- Limited support for Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor – the ability to install Windows 8 by activating the appropriate functions or installing a Hyper-V server.
- Support for virtual performance analysis tools, which makes it possible to run applications such as Intel VTune Performance Analyzer.
- Significant improvement to connect remotely to virtual machines via VNC clients.
- New tool to quickly free up disk space by optimizing virtual machine files.
- Tabs are redesigned to switch quickly between virtual machines.
- Button to quickly turn on / off the virtual machine in the tab header.
- Automatically saves search results for quick returns to them in the future.