3D-Coat 4.9.57 is a program for modeling various organic objects and low-poly 3D rough modeling; provides a wide variety of tools that allow the user to create sculptures, add topology, create UV maps, interactively text the model surface, create static scenes, and animate the model in a circle.
Advanced features of 3D-Coat:
- Voxel Sculpting Technology, which allows you to start modeling without thinking about topology
- This program has excellent integration with Adobe Photoshop, this program is very helpful in the process of creating textures
- This program allows you to split the texture into layers, which makes it easier to apply effects
- Support for control using the 3DConnexion three-dimensional manipulator
- Layers contain depth, color, and reflection. You can disable or enable any of these channels and apply effects to them – erasure, transparency, contrast, depth animation, etc .
- It is possible to draw via UV as easily as on a 3D model. Almost any tool can do this
- Each pen has multiple channels – color, depth, mirror and float
- It is possible to fill areas with spherical gradients and fills
- Filters for image correction and preview results in 3D
- Possibility of overlaying text on the surface. The text goes along the spline, you can even write text around the whole object
- You can draw not only with a brush, but also with a contour, rectangle or ellipse
- Ability to render with anti-aliasing, adjust global illumination, depth of field and soft shadows. Gradient fills or images can be used as adjustable backgrounds for scenes.
Simple texture and PBR:
- Support for micro-vertex images, pixel painting and Ptex
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) with HDRL viewport
- Smart content with easy customization
- Layered painting. Popular mixing mode. Merge layers into groups.
- Full integration with Photoshop
- Supports textures up to 16k
- Fast rendering of Ambient Occlusion and Curvature maps
- Rich tools for any drawing task and not only ..
- Key features of voxel (volume) sculpting:
- No topology restrictions. Sculpt in the same way as if from clay
- Complex logical operations. The bashing kit process is fast
- Traditional sculpture provides you with advanced features such as:
- Adaptive dynamic tessellation (Live Clay)
- Dozens of fast and dynamic chisel brushes
- Logical operations with clear edges
- Preparation of models for 3D printing.
Excellent retopology toolkit
- Auto-retopology (AUTOPO) with configurable triangle settings
- Quick and easy to learn manual retopology toolkit
- Ability to import reference mesh for retopology
- Use your current low poly net as a net for retopology
- Retopological groups with color palettes for easy control
- Many choices of baking settings
- And other possibilities …
Fast and easy UV mapping
- Professional toolkit for creating and editing UV sets
- Native Global Uniform (GU) deployment algorithm
- Support and management of multiple UV sets
- Supports ABF, LSCM and Planar sweep algorithms
- Individual island correction
- Lastly, it’s fast, light, and fun to use.