WinCatalog 2020.1.0.1119 is a file catalog program, it can automatically create a single catalog of files stored on your disk (hard disks, DVDs, CDs, blu-rays, network drives, and other storage media). When scanning disks, WinCatalog indexes files and extracts ID3 tags for audio files (music), Exif tags and image thumbnails (photos), thumbnails and basic information for video files, archive folder contents, thumbnails of PDF files and Office documents, and more. .. With the help of WinCatalog, using sorting by virtual folders, tags (categories) and special fields, you will create complete orders in your catalog of disks and files. And using a sophisticated and fast search algorithm, you will find the files you need on the disk in seconds, search for duplicate files, sort search results, and do this without connecting the disk (DVD, CD, external hard drive, etc.) to the computer You. WinCatalog has the ability to configure automatic updates of the file catalog using the command line and task scheduler.
Advanced features of WinCatalog:
- Fast working speed with unlimited sized directories
This is a major advantage of WinCatalog 2018 disk cataloger and files. This is made possible by the industry standard SQLite database management system (DBMS), which is the basis of WinCatalog 2018. This is why you can find any item in your collection in seconds!
- Very simple and intuitive user interface
Thanks to the convenient and simple interface, you can easily use all the functions of the WinCatalog 2018 cataloger immediately after the installation.
- Ability to extract and save thumbnail images (thumbnails) of graphic files (photos, images, RAW files), EXIF data for digital photos, and thumbnails for video files.
You can use WinCatalog 2018 disk catalog maker as a photo catalog maker and video catalog maker: automatically create and save thumbnails of graphic files of all popular formats (JPEG, PNG, BMP, ICO, GIF, Tiff, WMF and EMF) and RAW images in the catalog. a format supported by most modern cameras. You can also save EXIF data (comments, resolution, camera model, focal length and other parameters).
Hence, you will be able to see thumbnail previews of graphic files in a single directory, without having to access a specific disk. And if you need to find a photo or image, then you can do it quickly and easily with the help of this preview! And the use of tags, virtual folders and any special fields will help organize them all in photo and video archives.
- Scan inside Zip, RAR and 7z archives, as well as disk images (ISO, NRG), and add them to directories as folders
Supported formats – Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7z, as well as disk images (ISO, NRG). Files in an archive are displayed in the directory as files in folders.
- Automatic extraction of additional information from music, video, HTML and TXT files at the disk scanning stage
– WinCatalog 2018 file and disk cataloger can extract ID3 tags (artist name, album name, song title, disc cover, etc.) and metadata (bitrate, duration, etc.) for MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG format music files, OGA, ASF, M4A, M4B, M4P, and MP4.
– For video files, WinCatalog extracts basic information such as thumbnails, codecs, screen format, audio track information, etc.
– For HTML files, WinCatalog extracts and saves titles and tags.
– For txt-files, WinCatalog extracts part of the text – this function will be useful for previewing text files when searching for a specific document.
– For video files, WinCatalog extracts image thumbnails and basic information such as codec, resolution, audio track information, and more.
- Advanced directory search algorithm, ability to filter search results, ability to search simultaneously in different windows, search for duplicate files
The WinCatalog catalog implements both the usual query search algorithms and complex searches using the AND, OR, brackets, quotes operators, which will allow you to quickly and accurately find the items you need in the catalog. This is also facilitated by the ability to filter search results by any of the fields. In addition, using the ability to group search results according to one or more criteria, you can easily find duplicate files.
- Ability to manage contacts, keywords (including use of virtual folders) and storage locations
– Contact management allows you to keep track of who and when you give away the disks.
– Keyword management will allow you to associate each item with a set of keywords for easier and more accurate searches. And the creation of virtual folders and distribution of collection elements through them using Drag’n’Drop, without losing the original disk structure, will allow you to conveniently compile directories.
– Managing storage locations adds to the program all possible storage locations for disks, for example “box 1” or “wallet for DVD 2”, and associates the collection items with the appropriate storage locations. This will make it easier for you to find the information you need.
- Ability to generate reports, as well as export to XML, html, csv files
This function will give you the ability to create reports to send to friends, publish on the web, print or process from MS Excel.
- Unicode support
WinCatalog will correctly display the names of all elements, regardless of language.