Voodooshield Pro 6.11 is a proactive whitelist protection program that uses VoodooAi antivirus technology to scan unknown files with online scanning for VirusTotal, local and cloud sandboxing (Cuckoo).
Advanced features of Voodooshield Pro:
- Disable Protection – VoodooShield will be turned OFF. This mode is similar to training mode with one exception – new objects are not added to the whitelist. Thus, this mode is used when installing new programs, when the installer does not need to be automatically added to the exclusion list. Disable Protection leaves your computer unprotected.
- Training – VoodooShield is going OFF. The learning mode is usually used after installing VoodooShield and launching a new program. VoodooShield protection will be disabled, and new launched objects will be added to the whitelist, which means they will not be blocked when security mechanisms are activated. In Training mode, the computer remains unprotected.
- AutoPilot / Antivirus mode – VoodooShield will be in a SCAN state. In autopilot mode, automatic protection is activated, which allows launching of clean files according to cloud scanning service data using 57 antivirus engines. If an unknown process causes one or more antivirus engine operations, then VoodooShield blocks its execution and prompts the user to choose further action – allow execution or block. Autopilot mode is a great choice for users who want all the benefits of the whitelist method, but at the same time don’t want to handle multiple requests. This mode is actively used by gamers and testers.
- Smart / Default – VoodooShield will switch between ON and OFF states. Smart Mode automatically enables or disables VoodooShield protection based on potentially dangerous activities, such as launching browsers such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, working with Microsoft Outllook email, etc. So, when the Internet application is launched, VoodooShield automatically turns on and locks the computer. Previously whitelisted applications were allowed to run, but other executable files were blocked.
Likewise, if browsers and other Internet applications are not running, VoodooShield automatically disables protection and can automatically whitelist when the computer is secure. This protection activity auto-switching technology can significantly reduce the number of user requests that need to be responded to.
- Always ON – VoodooShield will be ON. Always ON is usually used after a few days or weeks after product installation, when the whitelist is considered complete and complete. However, many users prefer to use the AutoPilot and Smart modes on an ongoing basis.