WinCatalog 2020.5.1.623 is a program for cataloging files, disks, music, videos, photos, films, books, and other collectible items. When scanning disks, WinCatalog indexes files and extracts ID3 tags for audio files (music), Exif tags and image thumbnails (photos), thumbnails and basic information for video files, archive folder contents, thumbnails of PDF files and Office documents, and more. With the help of the WinCatalog program, using sorting by virtual folders, tags (categories) and special fields, you will create a complete sequence in your catalog of disks and files. And using a powerful and fast search algorithm, you’ll find the files you need on disk in seconds, search for duplicate files, sort search results, and do this without connecting the disk (DVD, CD, external hard drive, etc.) to your computer. . WinCatalog has the ability to configure automatic updates of the file catalog using the command line and task scheduler.
Advanced features of WinCatalog:
- Catalogs any disk that Windows can access as storage media.
- Cataloging of individual folders on disk.
- Automatic extraction of Zip archive descriptions during scanning.
- Scan inside Zip archives and add to directory as a folder.
- Automatic extraction of descriptions for mp3, html files at disk scanning stage.
- Individual comments for each item: disk, folder or file.
- Get information about Audio CD tracks from CDDB (Internet CD database).
- Each element is matched against a set of keywords for a more precise search.
- Search directories by name, comments and keywords.
- Search on separate disks and across directories.
- Refresh disk information without losing previously entered comments and keywords.
- Ability to delete unnecessary files and folders from directories.
- Easy counting of given disks.
- Export and import sections of collections and contact lists.
- Export a portion of the collection to a cvs file for opening in MS Excel or another application.
- Ability to open the last directory automatically at the start of the application.
- Work fast.